Tooth-Colored Fillings in Mesquite, TX
At Town East Dental Group, we know how damaged or unhealthy teeth can weigh you down. They hurt, make it difficult to eat the foods you love, reduce your confidence, and make you want to hide your smile.
If a tooth gets a cavity, we need to fill it as soon as possible to restore its strength and protect it from further damage. Today, using updated dental materials, we can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile without breaking your budget. One cost-effective option for creating beautiful repairs and correcting minor flaws is tooth-colored composite fillings.
We choose tooth-colored fillings for our patients because they offer the best of both worlds - a treatment that restores your oral health and a method for improving the appearance of your smile.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings are also referred to as dental composites or composite resins because they are a mixture of tiny glass and resin particles that result in a translucent appearance like dental enamel. We can customize the shade to blend in beautifully with your smile, and the result is a durable repair that even you might not be able to detect!
Some advantages of using composites for making repairs are:
- We can customize the shade of the fillings to match surrounding teeth.
- Because of the way tooth-colored fillings are applied, we don’t have to remove healthy tooth structure.
- The material is flowable and can be shaped to alter a tooth to improve its appearance.
How We Place Tooth-Colored Fillings
- The first step is to numb the tooth, so you don’t feel any discomfort during the procedure.
- Once we’re sure you are numb, our doctors will remove the decayed portion of the tooth.
- Next, we roughen the prepared tooth by using a conditioning liquid to help the material bond to the tooth.
- Since composites have a consistency like paste, our doctors apply it to the tooth and mold it into the perfect shape.
- We use an ultraviolet (UV) light that hardens the composite, so it feels like part of your tooth.
We Find Solutions That Work for You
Dr. Loera and our team are proud of the relationships we have with our valued patients. We appreciate the trust you place in us to provide the unique solutions you need to enjoy a healthy smile. We aren’t happy until we know that you are satisfied, and that’s true for every service we provide.
Our doctors and team take the time to get to know you to understand what matters to you and how we can find the solution that best fits all your needs. You are part of the process every step of the way, and we won't recommend any treatment until we know that you understand exactly why you need it and how it will benefit your oral health.
Please Call Us for an Appointment
Whether you currently have a troublesome tooth or you want to ensure your smile is as healthy as it can be, please call Town East Dental Group to arrange a convenient appointment.