Emergency Dentistry in Mesquite, TX
Dental emergencies can turn your life upside down, and we’ve all been in the position at one time or another. You’re worried or in pain, and what you need is a dentist who understands your concerns and will provide the relief you need as quickly as possible.
That is why the team at Town East Dental Group will make your emergency a priority. We always allow extra time in our daily schedule so we can accommodate walk-in and same-day emergencies.
Types of Emergencies We Treat
Our team of experienced doctors has the skill to manage just about any dental emergency in Mesquite, TX. Some problems we typically handle for our patients are:
- Broken teeth
- Dental abscesses
- Root canal infection
- Broken dentures
If your tooth is severely damaged or decayed, we will do our best to restore it. But in some cases, we may need to perform an extraction to provide relief and protect your overall oral health.
Common emergency procedures are:
- Crowns and fillings to restore broken or cracked teeth
- Root canal treatment to resolve the infection and save the tooth
- Extractions to remove a severely damaged tooth
Steps You Should Take during a Dental Emergency
Some accidents are unavoidable, but it helps to have an idea of how to deal with them until you can get to our office for treatment. Some of the most common emergencies we treat along with helpful tips for handling them until you can see us to get the care you need.
- Toothache – Call us first, then rinse your mouth with warm water, and try to floss gently between your teeth to dislodge any food that might be causing discomfort. If the pain continues, apply a cold compress on and off for 20 minutes to reduce swelling and pain.
- Dental abscess – An abscess is an infection of the nerve in the tooth or between the tooth and the gums. Dental abscesses are usually very painful, and the first sign is often a raised bump on the gum line. Infection can spread to other parts of your body, so immediate treatment is critical. To reduce pain, take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen and try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water several times every day.
- Chipped or broken tooth – Gather any tooth fragments, and gently rinse them with warm water. Apply a cold compress as necessary to reduce pain and swelling.
- Lost crown or filling – We will need to create a new filling, but we can often reuse the dental crown and cement it back in place. Keep the loose crown in a safe place until you see us.
- Knocked-out tooth – Hold the tooth by the crown only and be sure not to disturb the root or any attached tissue. Place the tooth in a cup of milk, water, or saliva until you get to our office. Knocked-out teeth are most likely to be saved within the first couple hours hour, so it is critical that you get to our office as soon as possible.
- Injury to mouth, jaw, or face – This type of trauma can cause serious underlying problems that need to be handled by a medical doctor. In this case, we recommend that you go to an emergency room or call 911 for immediate treatment.
Please Call Us with Your Emergency
If you need an emergency dentist in Mesquite, please call Town East Dental Group at (972) 270-2911. We will arrange to see you as soon as possible so we can provide the relief and comfort you need.